Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Welcome to Canada, Thankyou Very Much!!

Once we got off the plane in Qubec City, we hightailed it down to Bromont, 3 hrs south from Qubec City, a rather flash ski resort that doubles as a mountainbike mecca during the summer months.

We had our first race here on the weekend, it was a Canadian National race, so quite nice not to have to start with a big World Cup Race first up.
During practice it was blue skys, and the occassional puddle, race day was vastly different! After two days of solid rain, the course was totally transformed. I thought I came here to do a bike race, seemed that I was giving my running muscles a good work out!
The laps took 30+ minutes and I was having to run about 20min in each lap due to the mud being in some places half way up my shins!!
So my race took me 2 hrs and 15min, finishing in 12th place, I was very happy for it to come to an end!!


This is what all the kids do on their school holidays over here, join the MTB school!














This was after one practice lap on the course, after the actual race there was alot more mud!
















We were quite happy to take the chairlift to the top instead of the 40min steep climb!

No comments: